Monday, October 27, 2014

Late October 1949

October 22: I left the San and started for home on the bike but there was such a strong wind I walked nearly all the way. I found Dad at Jack Goff's. Also Hobetzeder. I bought bread , butter and chocolate bars and then headed for the farm, When I got there Uncle Arthur had just finished his dinner. I went up to Silver Birches and gave Joy Dick's camera. Then went down to the gravel pit and threw out 1000 shovels of gravel. Roy fixing the fence at the diversion , It was broken down.
Jack Goff as seen in the late 1930s.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting that he counted the shovel fulls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You had to know Bill to understand how he liked keeping track of numbers. It shows up in his journals frequently.

      Delete

Leave a comment if you like.