Friday, February 23, 2018

Bill Nevard's Birthday

Today, February 23, was E.W. , or as everybody knew him "Bill" , Nevard's birthday. Depending on how correct my information is, he would be 116 or 117 years old. Born at Lexden, Colchester, Essex, he came to Canada in 1906. Bill was my inspiration for this Nevardblog. He was the most prolific writer in the family. His daily journals from 1930 until the year he died (1975) are a constant source of family history and information. Much of it has already appeared here in the Nevardblog.
He drew amazing, science fiction type pictures. Even wrote his own version of some Edgar Rice Burroughs type stories. All written in hard times on the backs of old envelopes, cement bags, any sort of paper that was available for free.
Bill had a major change of occupation in 1948 when he quit the farm and went to work at the Fort (TB) sanatorium for the next 20 years until he retired.
Hard to find a picture that I haven't already used but these are some I like.


Mary, Daisy, Arthur and Bill Nevard in the very early days on the homestead.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're carrying on his work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The history on my father's side of the family is interesting but certainly not documented. Your effort to digitize and share your history has motivated me to share what I know about mine with cousins, 2nd cousins,1 st and second removed and so on. I am jealous of your content and photo archives. Back in the day photography was expensive and in my family considered a bit frivolous. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Art, thanks for reading and commenting. I hope you can get your history out on the net for future family members to appreciate. I know I'm lucky to have as much as I do and feel the need to share it.

      Delete
  3. That is the best picture of Grandpa Nevard and his wife. I guess because I did not ever meet her, I found it hard to say Grandma Nevard. They look very good there. I saved it onto my computer, I hope you do not mind.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment if you like.